Creative Options Add Flare to the Feature Wall
For years now the inexpensive option of paint has been the "go-to" for creating a feature wall in homes. But lately designers are starting to rely less on paint and explore other creative options to bring color, pattern and texture to design. Here are some techniques we use to bring feature walls to life!
- Wallpaper: As wallpaper grows in popularity, more options are readily available and at a reasonable price. We love the diverse patterns of wallpaper as well as the materials and textures that create impact!
- Graphics: With advances in technology moving faster than ever, custom digital prints and murals are unique ways to add character to a space. Clubhouses, kids' rooms and flex rooms are a few spaces where we've used these diverse graphics.
- Brick or Stone: An all brick or stone wall is a great way to add an industrial vibe to a room. Brick and stone fireplaces are always great options and using these materials on a full wall creates a dynamic statement!
- Wood Paneling: Smooth and seamless or rustic and natural, wood paneling has a variety of options and adds a sophisticated or comfortable feel, depending on the type of wood and application.
- Decor: Rather than using a specific wall treatment we often integrate art, mirrors or even built-in cabinetry, shelving and bump outs to develop dimension and pizzazz!
While the painted feature wall continues to hold appeal, we increasingly experiment with different textures and materials and revel in unique options to create a "wow" room for potential buyers!